This four and a half day course will cover how to select and properly size components used in industrial hydraulic circuits. It will not cover mobile applications. Students will learn the correct methods for properly sizing components selected and not relying on “rules of thumb” to optimize the energy use within a system. The course is math intensive as basic math and physics are used to calculate required performance requirements for applications.
Who Should Attend: This course is appropriate for personnel involved with the application and design of hydraulic systems and for product application specialists.
Prerequisites: Fundamental Hydraulics and Troubleshooting or equivalent.
- Reservoir selection and sizing
- Pump selection
- Pump sizing and control analysis (pressure comp and torque limiting)
- Pressure controls (reducing, unloading, counterbalance, sequence, back-pressure) – selection and sizing
- Directional controls – selection and sizing
- Flow controls – selection and sizing
- Cylinders – selection, sizing, and mounting styles
- Motors – selection and sizing
- Heat load calculations
- Heat exchanger sizing
- Filtration selection and sizing
- Fluid conductor sizing
This class earns Continuing Education Credits (CEU’s). Students who score a 70% or above on their post tests will receive the CEU’s. Students who score below 70% will receive a Certificate of Completion.
Full payment with a purchase order or credit card is required upon registration. A full refund will be issued only if the customer contacts S. G. Morris in writing no fewer than 10 business days prior to the first day of class or if the class is canceled by S. G. Morris. Cancellations made in less than 10 business days before the start of class or students who do not show up will be charged in full and no refund will be issued.